I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and you can catch your breath and relax a little before the New Year. As is customary at this time of year, I’ve been doing some reflecting.
In many ways, I’ve found 2023 to be one of the most challenging years for painting, yet it’s undoubtedly been my most successful!
As I prepared to write this post, my last of the year, I started to jot down some highlights and was utterly taken aback:
- Selected for the Royal Society of Painters in Watercolour (where my painting sold at the Private View!)
- Selected to represent England and Wales at the Fabriano Watercolour Exhibition in Bologna
- Selected for The Artist and Leisure Painter (TALP) Open exhibition in The Artist Category
- Selected for the Atelier by the Sea Open Exhibition
- Awarded ‘Top 200 IWM World Winner 2024’ by the International Watercolour Masters
- Exhibited with the Sussex Watercolour Society
- Exhibited at Danny House
- Had my work featured on the front cover of a book
- Received a ‘Highly Commended’ for my entry to The British Art Prize
- Another year of my weekly blog posts, bring my tally to well over 400 posts since 2016!
Here’s a few images to illustrate the year:
I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have followed my journey and continuing development as a painter. I know that many of you have supported me through the lows of struggling with motivation and self-doubt, and I really can’t thank you enough for being there and encouraging me.
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year, and wish you all the best for 2024 and all that it may bring.